Kings Castle is a privately run Nursing Home, it has the facilities to accommodate 42 Patients
Registered Care Categories : Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults.
Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Down's Syndrome • Epilepsy • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke and Dementia.
We offer permanent, Rehab, Respite and Emergency placement for both Residential and Nursing Care.
There are 38 Single rooms and 2 shared rooms. A large number
of rooms have ensuites, and those that don't have toilet facilities
close to them.
All rooms are tastefully decorated and fully furnished, however
we do encourage patients to bring in articles
of their own furniture, pictures and ornaments to personalise
Each room has a washbasin, a nurse call system
and a TV.
We have two separate dining areas and a kitchen, were great emphasis is put on creating appetising and nutritious meals, which can be tailored to meet any special dietary requirements. All meals are cooked fresh on the premises.
There are also facilities were family and friends are free to help themselves to tea,
coffee and biscuits at any time.
If families wish to dine together this can be accommodated, or when your relative is celebrating that special birthday or occasion we can provide a room were family and friends can come together to celebrate.
There are two large day spaces were patients and families come together to enjoy each other's company. These lounges are used for music nights or special events held within the home.
As part of our care programme we offer:
- Fully trained staff in 24 hour attendance.
- Laundry - we have recently introduced a new labelling system which aids in ensuring we know everyones clothes.
- Designated Doctor - Doctor Murphy Ardglass, carries out weekly home visits and is available Monday to Friday. Patients are welcome to remain with their own Doctor if they are within the permitted radius.
- Chiropodist - available at an additional cost.
- Physiotherapy (on request).
- Hairdresser visit weekly - price list available.
- Private telephone installation and calls (charged).
- Daily activities programme / entertainment - adapted to suit the patient's individual needs.
We value the opinions of patients, family and friends and encourage them to put forward their suggestions to enable us to enhance our service.